Eating my lawn.

| |

With the little space I have, I've inevitably had to turn to pots for much of my things. However, they seem quite happy to sit there and sun themselves as if they were in the soil. Outside I have some Daffodil bulbs, which haven't done too well sadly. You win some and lose some. All the same, my strawberries are doing well, flowering without me even noticing at first. Alas in a few weeks time I'll have to part with one, so it can fulfil its purpose in life as a birthday present, hopefully they'll fruit just in time for his visit to Wimbledon.

I'm a big fan of being able to eat your plants (though maybe not so much the dandelions), and that's why I'm taking up planting some lettuce, which so far are doing very well. I've planted three pots in total, bringing one inside as insurance, and after a couple of days it's utterly booming in there. Meanwhile outside there are no signs of life. However, I don't want to talk too soon, as my luck with seeds has been truly pitiful. Fingers crossed.

Last year I took a whack at growing my own, and being a chilli addict I couldn't resist. Sadly my first go at propagating some seeds started promisingly, but then they all gave up and died. So, exasperated, I turned to Homebase and eBay, where I ended up with an Apache Chilli plant, and three JalapeƱo plants. Sadly we didn't have the kindest of Summers last year, and I suffered a miserable chilli crop of three, yes three Apache chillies, and despite multiple attempts to flower, my JalapeƱos died without giving me a thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment