Morning Forage.

| |

Never knew you could import a blog into notes on Facebook. It's a funny world.

Anyway, spurred on my Alys Fowler and a lack of sleep I decided to pull some trousers on at about 5:30 and go for a wander around the suburbs of Bredbury.



In Fowler's new BBC series "The Edible Garden" - which yes is on iPlayer - herself and some assembled friends, when not gardening like mad, are basking in the bountiful supplies of fruit, veg, edible flowers and leaves that can be had in and around the urban environment, so, in an attempt to emulate this success I went for a wander to Highfield Cemetery.

Being a Weetabix man I know that they go with anything, including V05 styling mousse, and so I was hoping if even Bristol has an abundant supply of fruit and veg, surely an ex farming village would too?

The results of my hour long wander, I came to the conclusion that the three usable commodities of Bredbury that featured on the show are as follows:
1.) Dandelions
2.) Nettles
3.) Elderflower

Basically anything that grows in your hair is harvestable in my area. All the same there were some mushrooms growing on a tree, but I'm too wary about wild mushrooms to go for them. I did notice some bright red berries on my way back. They were in the garden of a house 2 doors down, and I suspect they suit a blackbird's stomach more than mine. Still, there's an abundance of fruit else where in Bredbury. Sadly, it's in Morrisons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment